Responsible innovation as a framework for digital transformation – Legal Tech Verzeichnis 02.2023, with Jolanda Rose
The paralysis of the legal profession in the field of legal tech – Anwaltsblatt 01.01. 2020, with Clemens Hufeld, Julia Bürkle, Kai Ebert, Tobias Kalb, Leah Becker and Johannes Wainryb
Maria is a fully qualified lawyer at fingolex. She is responsible for the new brand and product strategy, business development and of course, legal work, all on a project basis. Her recent focus and specialization has been on cloud-based and AI-driven products.
Phone: +49 (0)9131-68248-0
Languages: German, English
Lawyer Baltasar Cevc
Maria Petrat is a lawyer (Volljuristin) at fingolex. She is responsible for the new brand and product strategy, business development and, of course, also provides support with legal work, all on a project basis. Digitalisation and the combination of IT and law have long been her main areas of interest. For her, the topics of cloud and AI are among the most exciting future topics of our time.
She has been driving digitalisation in the legal world for several years. She was a founding member and chairwoman of Germany's first student association on the topic of legal tech and has since supported several projects in this area. She has also been passionate about the topic of legal design for legal work for a long time, which is why she is now completing the additional study programme at the Hasso Plattner Institute. In general, responsible innovation is important to her, which is why she and her co-founders at Responsible Innovators are committed to promoting such a responsible, entrepreneurial culture. For her, the topics of technology and human-centred innovation belong together and are at the core of positive progress. This is complemented by her interest in international aspects and numerous experiences abroad. She brings these aspects in combination with her legal knowledge to the team work at fingolex.
She is fascinated by the topics and their importance for the future of the EU as a business location. In her free time, she enjoys going to the gym and getting out into nature to balance out her screen-heavy job.
- since 2023: Employed lawyer for Branding & Strategy, Business Development & Law at fingolex
- since 2022: Co-Founder Responsible Innovators
- 2023: Additional studies Design Thinking Basic Track at the Hasso Plattner Institute
- 2021-2023: Legal clerkship at Munich Higher Regional Court with stay at Rödl& Partner in Nairobi, Kenya
- 2022: Training as a business mediator
- 2021-2022: Exam corrector at the Hemmer legal repetitorium centre
- 2016, 2018: Internships at Rödl & Partner in Almaty, Kazakhstan and in Berlin, Germany
- 2015-2021: Studied law at the LMU in Munich with a stay at the Siberian Federal University of Krasnosyarsk
- 2015-2016: Working student at Denk Pharma GmbH & Co. KG
- 2014-2015: Studied business administration at the Munich University of Applied Sciences
- 2014: Abitur at the technical secondary school Wasserburg am Inn
ChatGPT & Co - Stay on the safe side legally – Beitrag in Wirtschaft fuer Mittelfranken Ausgabe 10-11 2023 (German) of the Nuremberg Chamber of Industry and Commerce for Middle Franconia, together with Baltasar Cevc
Revolutionizing Law: The Power of Legal Design (Africa Law Tech Show Ep. 2) – Videopodcast mit Lawyers Hub Kenya zu Legal Design 2023
Algorithms instead of clients? Automation and artificial intelligence are changing the legal system and the legal profession – com! professional - Magazin für IT-Entscheider Ausgabe 09.2019
Where can I learn legal tech? – Azure Karriere Magazin Ausgabe 01.2019
- Founding member and former chairwoman of the Munich Legal Tech Student Association (MLTech e.V.)
- Immigration4Ukraine - Consultation pro bono (member of the advisory board)